Honestly, its no surprise to me that once again, “The Dark Knight Rises” has reached the top spot at the box office this weekend. Despite the tragedy that has somewhat overshadowed the film, it still continues to bring movie goers to fill the seats. I have yet to get my butt to the theatre to check out the final installment in Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy. The Dark Knight managed to outshine two openers.
“The Watch” brought in an estimated $13 million and edged in at number three this weekend just shy of second place held by family film, “Ice Age: Continental Drift.” Another opener this weekend that failed to make moves at the box office was “Step Up Revolution,” which opened to mixed review from critics. The fourth installment in this franchise is also in 3D. Check out the weekend’s box office results below.
- 1. The Dark Knight Rises: $64,075,000 ($289,086,359 total)
- 2. Ice Age: Continental Drift: $13,300,000 ($114,847,214 3 total)
- 3. The Watch: $13,000,000 (opening)
- 4. Step Up Revolution: $11,800,000 (opening)
- 5. Ted (2012): $7,400,000 ($193,665,600 5 total)
- 6. The Amazing Spider-Man: $6,800,000 ($242,052,610)
- 7. Brave: $4,237,000 ($217,261,519 total)
- 8. Magic Mike: $2,580,000 ($107,586,855 total)
- 9. Savages: $1,800,000 ($43,945,570 total)
- 10. Tyler Perry’s Madea’s Witness Protection: $1,320,000 ($62,747,297 total)