For the first time ever, Forbes has ranked the top-earning YouTube stars. They might not be household names, but these online personalities rake in the money for pretty much just talking. For instance, the top earner Felix Kjellberg aka PewwDiePie pulled in $12 million for his expletive-heavy video game commentaries.
“The list measures earnings before subtracting management fees and taxes. Our figures are based on data from Nielsen, IMDB and other sources, as well as on interviews with agents, managers, lawyers, industry insiders and the stars themselves,” according to Forbes.
Check out the 13 DIY filmmakers who have made millions doing what members of older generations may consider more play than work.
2015 Top 10 Earning YouTube Stars
- 1. PewDieDie – 12 million
- 2. Smosh – 8.5 million (tie)
- 2. Fine Brothers – 8.5 million (tie)
- 4. Lindsey Stirling – 6 million
- 5. Rhett & Link – 4.5 million (tie)
- 5. KSI – 4.5 million (tie)
- 7. Michelle Phan – 3 million
- 8. Lilly Singh – 2.5 million (tie)
- 8. Roman Atwood – 2.5 million (tie)
- 8. Rosanna Pansino – – 2.5 million (tie)
For more, head over to Forbes.