Long-time civil rights advocate and artist Cyndi Lauper has rallied an impressive list of stars from music and entertainment to help kick off the 2012 True Colors Summer Charity Auction to benefit the True Colors Fund’s work in support of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender equality. Elton John, Liza Minnelli, Lady Gaga, Anderson Cooper, Jason Mraz, Ricky Martin and many more celebrities have donated incredible experiences for the auction, open now through July 31st at leading online charity auction house CharityBuzz at www.charitybuzz.com/TrueColorsSummer2012.
This is the fourth annual summer online for Lauper’s True Colors Fund and I have to say it’s the best collection of prizes yet. Whether you’re a music lover, television junkie or sports fanatic, there is a prize that might appeal to you. I’m even tempted to bid on a couple of items myself. Which ones, you ask? Well, since you ask… I would kill for a chance to meet silver fox Anderson Cooper. I’ve been a fan of his since his hosting days on ABC’s “The Mole“. Also enticing is watching the Project Runway finale fashion show live and getting my nails did with my girl, Jessica Sutta after grabbing a bite to eat. We can dish and dish ;). Check out all the items below.
Summer True Colors Fund Online Auction Items
- Take home Cyndi Lauper’s Mardi Gras dress and meet Cyndi at her Home for the Holidays concert with 2 VIP tickets
- Meet Anderson Cooper at a live taping of Anderson in New York City
- Meet Lady Gaga backstage with two VIP tickets to a live performance
- Meet Elton John backstage with two VIP tickets to a live performance
- Visit the set of Modern Family in Los Angeles with three friends
- Enjoy two house seats to see Ricky Martin in the award-winning musical Evita in NYC
- Meet Kelly Osbourne with 4 VIP tickets to a taping of Fashion Police in Los Angeles
- Meet Jason Mraz and Christina Perri with premiere tickets to their October 15th show in Los Angeles
- Meet Yankees Manager Joe Girardi, watch batting practice and catch the Yankees vs. Toronto Blue Jays Game
- Score two VIP weekend passes to Jay-Z’s Made in America Festival in Philaladelphia
- Have a lunch date at The Abbey and get your nails done with Jessica Sutta of The Pussycat Dolls in Los Angeles
- Enjoy VIP seats to see Norah Jones on her 2012 tour and take home a signed lyric book
- Snag two prime seats to the Project Runway finale fashion show at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York City
If you’re on the fence for the Joan Rivers or Kelly Osborne on-set visit to “Fashion Police“, let me persuade you to do so. Patrick, Tyrell and myself watched a taping and met them on set during a work trip last summer. It was definitely a joy to chat with Rivers and also her daughter Melissa. If you’ve got cash to burn for a worthy cause, I highly suggest you place a bid for that and any others that might tickle your fancy. Good luck.