It was another big weekend for Thor: The Dark World at the box office, taking the number one spot with an estimated $38.5 million for a cumulative total of almost $150 million since it’s premiere.
The only new film among the top 10 movies at the box office this weekend was The Best Man Holiday, a sequel to the 1999 film, The Best Man. In this new film, the college friends reunite after 15 years over the Christmas holidays and discover just how easy it is for long-forgotten rivalries and romances to be ignited. The film stars Taye Diggs, Terrence Howard, Harold Perrineau, Morris Chestnut, Sanaa Lathan, Nia Long, and Regina Hall, reprising their original roles from the first film along with the supporting cast. The Best Man Holiday came in at second place on this, its opening weekend with an estimated $30.5 million.
Did any of you see The Best Man Holiday this weekend? If so, share your thoughts on the film in the comments below. The list of the top 10 films and their estimated earnings this weekend can be seen below.
Box Office Numbers: November 15-17, 2013
- 1. Thor: The Dark World: $38,454,000 ($146,965,000 total)
- 2. The Best Man Holiday: $30,593,000(opening)
- 3. Last Vegas: $8,865,000 ($46,958,000 total)
- 4. Free Birds: $8,300,000 ($42,218,000 total)
- 5. Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa: $7,670,000 ($90,202,000 total)
- 6. Gravity: $6,280,000 ($240,556,000 total)
- 7. Ender’s Game: $6,200,000 ($53,777,000 total)
- 8. 12 Years A Slave: $4,700,000 ($24,949,000 total)
- 9. Captain Phillips: $4,500,000 ($97,617,000 total)
- 10. About Time: $3,500,000 ($11,600,000 total)