My summer guilty pleasure “The Bachelorette” is almost here and I cannot wait. Adding even more excitement to the upcoming season is the fact Emily Maynard was chosen as this year’s leading lady. The single mother won many viewers hearts (including mine) with her tragic story and adorable Southern charm. Hopefully, the blond beauty is luckier in love this time around and doesn’t fall “in love” with another Brad Womack.
Based on first impression, she has a few quality guys in the bunch to chose from. ABC unveiled the 25 men who will be vying for Emily’s heart and believe it or not, there is an African American in the mix. The show is often criticized for not having more diversity on both “The Bachelor” and “The Bachelorette”. Perhaps, an upcoming edition of either show will feature a visible minority as its lead. One can hope. That said, a “Survivor” season in cold climate seems more likely than that. LOL.
Well, until that happens, let’s check out the hot studs bringing their best pick-up lines to woo Emily. Fingers crossed there isn’t a fame whorish jerk like Bentley in the bunch. Douchey behavior aside, the guys this year come fully prepared with gimmicks up their respective sleeves to make a solid first impression. One shows up on a skateboard, another shows off his dancing moves, and someone makes like Prince Charming and presents Emily with a glass slipper. But all those pale in comparison when one of the bachelors arrives in their own private helicopter. I’m sure the other 24 guys aren’t going to like this at all. Check out all the guys below.
- Aaron, 36, a biology teacher from Long Beach, CA
- Alessandro, 30, a grain merchant from St. Paul, MN
- Alejandro, 25, a mushroom farmer from San Francisco, CA
- Arie, 30, a race car driver from Scottsdale, AZ
- Brent, 41, a technology salesman from Fresno, CA
- Charlie, 32, a recruiter from Nashville, TN
- Chris, 25, a corporate sales director from Chicago, IL
- David, 33, a singer/songwriter from New York, NY
- Doug, 33, a real estate agent from Seattle, WA
- Jackson, 29, a fitness model from Lockport, IL
- Jean-Paul, 35, a marine biologist from Seattle, WA
- Jef, 27, an entrepreneur from Salt Lake City, UT
- Joe, 27, a field energy advisor from Los Angeles, CA
- John “Wolf”, 30, a data destruction specialist from St. Louis, MO
- Kalon, 27, a luxury brand consultant from Houston, TX
- Kyle, 29, a financial advisor from Long Beach, CA
- Lerone, 29, a real estate consultant from Los Angeles, CA
- Michael, 26, a rehab counselor from Austin, TX
- Nate, 25, an accountant from Los Angeles, CA
- Randy, 30, a marketing manager from Hermosa Beach, CA
- Ryan, 31, a pro sports trainer from Augusta, GA
- Sean, 28, an insurance agent from Dallas, TX
- Stevie, 26, a party MC from Staten Island, NJ
- Tony, 31, a lumber trader from Beaverton, OR
- Travis, 30, an advertising sales representative from Madison, MS
My Final 4 Picks
Now that you’ve seen all 25 guys, and (hopefully) cast your vote in our poll above, it’s time to share my picks. If I were in Emily Maynard’s stilettos, these are the guys I’ve love to go on hometown dates with. Going from left to right, here it goes.
Given that Emily has strong connections to the racing world, Arie is a no-brainer. Not only is he a race car driver, but he’s got really beautiful baby blues. Next, I would lust over Doug from Seattle. I’ve seen pictures of this real estate’s hot body and it’s dayum sexy. Talk about amazing square footage. Even though he has unfortunate hair in his promo picture, Jef is one sexy cutie. Emily and him would make a very gorgeous couple. Lastly, I chose Sean from Dallas. How adorable is that smile, plus I’m a sucker for a guy in a plaid shirt.