It’s that time again, the time where we celebrate all things television at the 2011 Emmy Awards. This morning, the nominations were announced by Mike & Molly’s Melissa McCarthy and Fringe’s Joshua Jackson.
This year’s nominations weren’t too surprising except for the fact the new shows were overwhelmingly represented. Unheard of. And as predicted by many, networks like The CW were shunned once again. Sorry Chace Crawford, your ability to look sexy on camera and not speak a word was overlooked by the nominating committee. Shows that dominate the lists are Modern Family, The Good Wife and Mad Men.
The 63rd Annual Primetime Emmy’s will take place on Sunday, September 18th hosted by Glee’s Jane Lynch on FOX. (I know, the Emmy’s being broadcasted on FOX is throwing me off too).
- Mark Ballas – Dancing With the Stars
- Stacey Tookey – So You Think You Can Dance
- Mia Michaels – So You Think You Can Dance
- Travis Wall – So You Think You Can Dance
- Tabatha & Napoleon D’umo – So You Think You Can Dance
- Mandy Jo Moore – So You Think You Can Dance
This is a really tough category this year with some really heavy hitting choreographers and routines with SYTYCD clearly dominating the entire field.
Who Should Win: Travis Wall
Who Will Win: Stacey Tookey
Outstanding Lead Actor In A Comedy Series
- Jim Parson – The Big Bang Theory
- Johnny Galecki – The Big Bang Theory
- Matt LeBlanc – Episodes
- Louis C.K. – Louie
- Steve Carrell – The Office
- Alec Baldwin – The 30 Rock
What a great list of nominations. All of these men are some of my favorites this year. The addition of Matt LeBlanc to the list is a surprise to me however. Who knew Episodes was that good?
Who Should Win: Steve Carrell
Who Will Win: Jim Parsons or Steve Carrell
Outstanding Lead Actor In A Drama Series
- Steve Buscemi – Boardwalk Empire
- Michael C. Hall – Dexter
- Hugh Laurie – House
- Timothy Olyphant – Justified
- Jon Hamm – Mad Men
The be perfectly honest, I don’t watch any of these shows on a regular basis. I have however, seen the entire fourth season of Mad Men thanks to buddy Andri. This is a tough one to predict for me.
Who Should Win: Steve Buscemi
Who Will Win: Steve Buscemi
Outstanding Lead Actress In A Comedy Series
- Laura Linney – The Big C
- Melissa McCarthy – Mike & Molly
- Edie Falco – Nurse Jackie
- Amy Poehler – Parks & Recreation
- Martha Plimpton – Raising Hope
- Tina Fey – 30 Rock
- Connie Britton – Friday Night Lights
- Julianna Margulies – The Good Wife
- Kathy Bates – Harry’s Law
- Mireille Enos – The Killing
- Mariska Hargitay – Law & Order: SVU
- Elisabeth Moss – Mad Men
- Chris Colfer – Glee
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson – Modern Family
- Ed O’Neill – Modern Family
- Eric Stonestreet – Modern Family
- Ty Burrell – Modern Family
- Jon Cryer – Two And A Half Men
- Peter Dinklage – Game Of Thrones
- Josh Charles – The Good Wife
- Alan Cumming – The Good Wife
- Walton Goggins – Justified
- John Slattery – Roger Sterling
- Andre Braugher – Men Of A Certain Age
- Jane Lynch – Glee
- Betty White – Hot In Cleveland
- Julie Bowen – Modern Family
- Sofia Vergara – Modern Family
- Kristen Wiig – Saturday Night Live
- Jane Krakowski – 30 Rock
- Kelly Macdonald – Boardwalk Empire
- Archie Panjabi – The Good Wife
- Christine Baranski – The Good Wife
- Margo Martindale – Justified
- Michelle Forbes – The Killing
- Christina Hendricks – Mad Men
- Phil Keoghan – The Amazing Race
- Ryan Seacrest – American Idol
- Tom Bergeron – Dancing With The Stars
- Cat Deeley – So You Think You Can Dance
- Jeff Probst – Survivor
- The Big Bang Theory
- Modern Family
- The Office
- Parks and Recreation
- 30 Rock
- Boardwalk Empire
- Friday Night Lights
- Game of Thrones
- The Good Wife
- Mad Men
- 2011 Emmys Will Be A “Glee”ful Affair
- Daytime Emmys 2011: And The Winners Are…
- Jeff Probst Hopes To Snuff All Other Daytime Hosts’ Torches
This is absolutely one of my favorite categories especially with so many great female leads in comedy right now. So many great nominees they all deserve to win in their own right.
Who Should Win: Amy Poehler
Who Will Win: Edie Falco
Outstanding Lead Actress In A Drama Series
This is another tough category for me to predict as I don’t watch many of these shows on a regular basis. I do however, know the actresses and can assume that they give amazing performances.
Who Should Win: Julianna Margulies
Who Will Win: Julianna Margulies
Outstanding Supporting Actor In A Comedy Series
Holy Modern Family. With all the comedies out there with male leads, it’s surprising to see how many were shut out by the men of ABC’s hit show.
Who Should Win: Eric Stonestreet
Who Will Win: Chris Colfer or Ty Burrell
Outstanding Supporting Actor In A Drama Series
The Good Wife is another show this year that seems to be dominating the nominations list. Maybe I should start tuning in to check it out.
Who Should Win: Alan Cumming
Who Will Win: Peter Dinklage
Outstanding Supporting Actress In A Comedy Series
I am so thrilled that Kristen Wiig is nominated in this category! With her amazing performances on SNL week after week, she deserves to be there.
Who Should Win: Kristen Wiig
Who Will Win: Sofia Vergara
Outstanding Supporting Actress In A Drama Series
What a great category of actresses. What has impressed me is the amount of nods that Justified and The Killing have received this year. Kudos.
Who Should Win: Kelly Macdonald
Who Will Win: Michelle Forbes
Outstanding Host For A Reality Program
To be honest, I watch all of these shows (except of Idol) on a regular basis so I know all of these hosts very well. All are veterans in the field as well.
Who Should Win: Jeff Probst
Who Will Win: Ryan Seacrest or Cat Deeley
Outstanding Comedy Series
All of these shows had stellar seasons minus the underwhelming performance from last year’s favorite, Glee. With the departure of Steve Carrell on The Office this should be a no brainer category but you never know.
Who Should Win: The Office
Who Will Win: Modern Family
Outstanding Drama Series
Check out newbie Game of Thrones in there like a dirty shirt. Hats off to them. This is a great category. I really have no idea who will take it, it’s going to be close.
Who Should Win: Boardwalk Empire
Who Will Win: Dexter or The Good Wife
For a complete list of nominations, check out www.emmys.com.