If you’re tired of green beer and want something more sophisticated to drink, you’re in luck. Our friends over at Beam Suntory have shared a few cocktail recipes featuring their products including Laphroaig Scotch, Basil Hayden’s Bourbon, Knob Creek Bourbon and Cruzan Rum. These tasty libations will no doubt, sham’rock’ your world.
And remember, always drink responsibly. Cinco de Mayo is just around the corner 🙂
St. Patrick’s Day Drink Recipes
Laphroaig® Last Laph
Created by Austin mixologist Justin Lavenue of The Roosevelt Room
3/4 Part Laphroaig® Select
3/4 Part Ginger Liqueur
3/4 Part Pineapple Juice
3/4 Part Lemon Juice
3 Dashes Absinthe Verte
Spring of Mint (for garnish)
1. Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake well.
2. Strain into a coupe glass and garnish with a mint sprig.
Basil Hayden’s® Spiced Shamrock
By Jason Asher (Phoenix, AZ)
2 Parts Basil Hayden’s Bourbon
½ Lemon muddled with Thai basil leaf
1 Part Aperol
¾ Part Simple Syrup (1:1 ratio of equal parts sugar and water)
1 Grapefruit peel (for garnish)
1 Thai basil leaf (for garnish)
1. Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker and shake for 6 seconds
2. Double strain over ice into a rocks glass
3. Garnish with a grapefruit peel and Thai basil leaf
Knob Creek® Ginger Twist
By Celebrity Chef Michael Symon
1 ½ Parts Knob Creek® Rye Whiskey
¾ Part fresh lemon juice
¾ Part JDK & Sons Fleur Handcrafted Elderflower Liqueur
1. Add Knob Creek® Rye Whiskey, fresh lemon juice and elderflower liqueur into a cocktail shaker with ice.
2. Shake ingredients and strain into Collins glass filled with ice.
3. Top with ginger beer and garnish with an Angostura® Bitters Floater.
Cruzan® Emerald Daiquiri
1 part Cruzan® Aged Light Rum
1 part Midori® Melon Liqueur
1 Lime, juiced
Melon Balls or Lime Wheels
1. Shake all ingredients with ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass with an optional sugared rim. 2. Garnish with a melon ball and/or lime wheel on the rim.
Cruzan® Strapped Stout
1 1/2 Parts Cruzan® Black Strap Rum
12 parts of Chocolate or Coffee Stout Beer
Combine ingredients in a pint glass. Stir gently.