With Miss Universe or Miss America, any pretty girl can win. In order to score the honor of Miss Golden Globe, you have to be a Hollywood legend’s offspring. As we all know, not any mere mortal can walk on stage, hand out statues and instruct presenters and winners where to go. You can’t be taught those skillz… you have to be born with them. LOL. I kid. In all honesty, I think it’s a great tradition and appreciate knowing the name of the lovely woman with all the hardware.
This year’s honoree was revealed by Hollywood Foreign Press Association president Aida Takla-O’Reilly (right) and Gia Mantegna (left) who received the honor back in 2011. “She is a budding actress and is a great addition as we celebrate the show’s 70th anniversary,” said Aida. If you watch a lot of reality television you might recognize Miss Golden Globe 2013 (center). Here’s a hint. She’s related to a former Miss Golden Globe. Try to figure out which one below.
Previous Miss Golden Globes
- 2012: Rainey Qualley – Andie MacDowell
- 2011: Gia Mantegna – Joe Mantegna
- 2009/2010: Mavis Spencer – Alfre Woodard
- 2008: Rumer Willis – Bruce Willis & Demi Moore
- 2007: Lorraine Nicholson – Jack Nicholson
- 2006: Dakota Johnson – Don Johnson & Melanie Griffith
- 2005: Kathryn Eastwood – Clint Eastwood
- 2004: Lily Costner – Kevin Costner
- 2003: A.J. Lamas – Lorezno Lamas
- 2003: Dominik Garcia-Lorido – Andy Garcia
- 2002: Haley Giraldo – Pat Benatar
- 2001: Katie Flynn – Jane Seymour
- 2000: Liza Huber – Susan Lucci
Dressed in pink, Francesca Eastwood was crowned with the honor at Cecconi’s Restaurant in West Hollywood. She’s the 19-year-old daughter of Clint Eastwood and sister of Miss Golden Globe 2005 Kathryn Eastwood. Too bad Clint’s hot son Scott wasn’t named Mr. Golden Globe. Yup they have those too some years. Freddie Prinze, Jr. was one. You might recognize Francesca from the E! reality show Mrs. Eastwood and Company. She appears on the show, along with her photographer boyfriend Tyler Shields.
“I’m very excited and honored to be part of Hollywood history and to follow in the footsteps of so many amazing [girls],” Eastwood tells E!. “Everybody keeps asking me if I’m nervous—and now I feel like I should be! Maybe for falling over on stage I’m nervous about!”
What do you think of this year’s selection? Do you think the HFPA should’ve picked someone from a different family besides the Eastwoods again? Sound off below.