At 53-years-old, Madonna is proving she’s still got it. Like they say, numbers don’t lie and Madge certainly put up some pretty impressive numbers this week. No doubt buoyed by her AH-MAZ-ING Super Bowl Halftime performance which broke viewership records. About 117.8 million people watched the Material Girl sing a medley of her hits along with her current single, “Give Me All Your Luvin‘”. Sure, her performance was reminiscent of Kylie Minogue’s recent Les Folies world tour (swap out the Greek imagery for Egyptian ones), but I loved it.
Madonna’s upcoming twelfth studio album is on its way to becoming another huge hit for the singer. “MDNA” pre-orders have propelled the album to the top of iTunes stores in 50 countries, making it the largest one day pre-order of any album in iTunes history. The lead cut from “MDNA” is also making its voice heard. It debuted at No. 13 on Billboard’s Hot 100 Chart. Appreciative of all the fan support, Madonna commented, “Thanks for all the L-U-V!! from around the world.” See more interesting numerical facts of Madonna’s week below.
MADONNA BY THE NUMBERS
- 50 – Number 1’s Pre-orders for Madonna’s MDNA album on iTunes (biggest one day pre- order in ITunes (biggest one day pre-order in iTunes history) hit the top spot at iTunes store in 50 countries!
- 11,000,000+ – YouTube downloads of new Madonna video…and counting. The most searched subject on YouTube and Google during the Super Bowl
- 13 – Madonna’s new single catapults to the #13 spot on Billboard’s Hot 100 Chart
- 56 – “Give Me All Your Luvin’” marks Madonna’s 56th appearance on the Hot 100 according to Billboard’s Keith Caulfield
- 117.8 – Million Peak audience viewership during Madonna’s halftime performance – largest in Super Bowl history – up 4.7 million from last year – surpasses Michael Jackson’s 1993 halftime performance
- 47.1 – MillionHouseholds saw Madonna’s Super Bowl Performance
- #6 – Trending at No. 6 on European Airplay Charts
- #2 – iTunes Single, jumped from previous spot 11 after the Super Bowl
- 2500 – Spins in less than 48 hours at Top 40 radio
- 25 – “Give Me All Your Luvin’” single’s chart debut
- 51 – Global Tour Dates Announced by Live Nation
- 1600 – Clear Channel Digital Billboards Around the Globe aired Madonna’s “Give Me All Your Luvin’”
SUPER BOWL BY THE NUMBERS
- 320 – Hours of rehearsal prior to performance
- 750 – Hours to create and complete the Givenchy gold cape Madonna arrived in
- 4 – Special guests: Nicki Minaj, M.I.A., LMFAO and Cee Lo Green
- 1 – Slackliner
- 20 – Dancing Dolls
- 17 – Core Dancers
- 200 – Members of Gospel Choirs from Indianapolis area
- 150 – Gladiators carried Madonna onto the stadium with 280 feet of custom made 3 inch rope.
- 1200 – lbs. – weight of Madonna’s golden throne designed by Madonna and Jimmie Martin in London. Throne included 2 specially designed specially designed sphinx heads covered in Swarovski crystals.
- 100 – Members of Drumline
- 250 – Volunteers who assembled and took down stage during half time in 6 minutes (go Hoosiers!)
- 27 – Carts which carried the stage were wheeled in by the volunteers
- 36 – Projectors hung from ceiling of stadium to create light show
- 120 – Individual lashes applied to each of Madonna’s eyelids per eye
- 18k – Rose gold ground down and added to Madonna’s eye shadow and lips by makeup artist Gina Brooke
- 200 – Pairs of black briefs provided by Calvin Klein for the Gladiators (they got to wear them home)
MADONNA BY THE LETTERS
- MDNA – Title of Madonna’s upcoming CD (scheduled for March 26th release)
- W.E. – Title of just released film directed and co-written by Madonna
- L.U.V. – Madonna
- Y.O.U. – You Wanna?