Ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce you to Icona Pop. This DJ, electro pop, indie-punk duo from Sweden made a huge statement when their single, I Love It went mainstream. Now, these ladies are about to head out on tour alongside another new favorite of mine, Marina and the Diamonds for her upcoming North American dates.
The two are just starting to break into America having now moved to New York and signing with Big Beat Records (Skrillex, Martin Solveig, Chromeo, etc). The duo’s summer smash hit was also hand selected by MTV to be the theme song for the current season of Snooki & J-Woww. What’s next for this budding pop duo?
The two are setting up to release their new EP, Iconic on October 16. The disc will include their summer hit single but also feature brand new, unreleased tracks such as Ready For The Weekend and Night Like This. The Swedes always create the best in pop music and these two are no exception. Check out some of their music below.
Icona Pop feat. Charlie XCX, “I Love It”
Icona Pop, “We Got The World”
Icona Pop: Upcoming North American Tour Dates
- 10/18 Santos Party House New York, NY
- 10/19 Brooklyn Bowl New York, NY
- 11/02 Fun Fun Fun Fest Austin, TX
- 12/03 – Phoenix Theatre – Toronto, ONT*
- 12/04 – Union Transfer – Philadelphia, PA*
- 12/06 – Terminal 5 – New York, NY*
- 12/07 – Paramount Theater – Huntington, NY*
- 12/08 – House of Blues – Boston, MA*
- 12/09 – Rams Head Live – Baltimore, MD*
- 12/11 – The Fillmore – Charlotte, NC*
- 12/12 – Center Stage – Atlanta, GA*
- 12/14 – Culture Room – Fort Lauderdale, FL*
- 12/15 – The Beacham – Orlando, FL*
- 12/18 – Emo’s East – Austin, TX*
- 12/19 – Granada Theater – Dallas, TX*
*supporting Marina and the Diamonds