When did Australia become such a hotbed of awesome musical talent? Lately, the Land Down Under has exported hit artist after another with Sia, Gotye and Sam Sparro as being the most notable examples. Kylie Minogue better watch her back. She might not be the biggest thing to come from Australia 😉
I first heard of Havana Brown during my travels in Australia earlier this year, but it’s only been recently that I’ve fallen for her. Thanks, mostly to her highly-addictive debut track, “Run The Night“, with Pitbull. The single reached the Top 5 in her native Australia, but has already topped Billboard’s Dance Chart in the US and rising on the Hot 100. I was in San Francisco this past weekend where I continually heard it on the radio stations and at the clubs I checked out. “Run The Night” has been certified Gold and sold over 500,000 in digital sales.
With the success of her first single, it’s only natural Brown release an EP to prove she’s not just a one-hit wonder. Based on the five-song EP, “When The Lights Go Out“, she just released, I would say she’s on her way to becoming a household name here in North America. Each track proves instantly infectious and impressive, solidifying her as one of the most exciting young divas on the scene. “Spread A Little Love” has an insanely catchy hook. Check it out and the other tracks below.
Havana Brown “When The Lights Go Out” EP
What did you think? What are your favorite track(s)? Havana just announced a few US tour dates. Be sure to check her out, if she comes around to your neck of the woods. If she isn’t, you can catch her on “America’s Got Talent” on Wednesday July 18th where she’ll be performing her hit single, “We Run The Night“.
Havana Brown Tour Dates
- 7/27 – Chicago, IL – Charter One Pavilion
- 7/28 – Clarkston, MI – DTE Energy Music Theatre
- 7/29 – Cleveland, OH – Jacobs Pavilion at Nautica
- 7/31 – Atlanta, GA – Chastain Amphitheatre
- 8/2 – Houston, TX – Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
- 8/3 – Thackerville, OK – Winstar Casino
- 8/4 – Albuquerque, NM – Hard Rock Casino Presents: The Pavilion
- 8/5 – Tuscon, AZ – AVA Amphitheatre
- 8/7 – Chula Vista, CA – Cricket Wireless Pavilion
- 8/8 – Los Angeles, CA – Gibson Amphitheatre at Universal CityWalk
- 8/9 – Los Angeles, CA – Gibson Amphitheatre at Universal CityWalk
- 8/10 – Las Vegas, NV – Hard Rock Resort, Spa, & Casino
- 8/12 – San Francisco, CA – Bill Graham Civic Auditorium