Award season is officially underway! Even Grindr is getting in on the action. They recently released their best of 2013 year end list. From gay icon of the year (Neil Patrick Harris) to best comeback of the year (Netflix), users of the ubiquitous hookup app made their voice heard on a multitude of categories.
2013 was a banner year of celebrities coming out. Not surprisingly with all the headlines he generated, Wentworth Miller earned Grindr’s best coming out story. Solid choice. I was lucky enough to witness Miller’s first appearance after coming out at the HRC Gala Dinner in Seattle.
Along with revealing the best of the best in the past year, Grindr also weighed in on what they expect will be big and make headlines in 2014. Find out below who they think the next celebrity to come out is and what will become obsolete.
The Grindr Best of 2013 Awards
- Gay icon of the year: Neil Patrick Harris
- Straight ally of the year: Lady Gaga
- Best coming out story: Wentworth Miller
- Enemy of the LGBT community: Vladimir Putin
- Best song of 2013: “Same Love: by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis
- Best movie of 2013: Gravity
- Best TV show on air: “Modern Family”
- Most wanted man in the Grindr cascade: Channing Tatum
- Best comeback of 2013: Netflix
- Social blunders: Miley Cyrus’ twerking
- Biggest loss of 2013: Cory Monteith
- Next celebrity to come out: Taylor Lautner
- Hottest gadget of 2014: iPad Air
- Next state/country to legalize gay marriage: Florida
- Next celebrity train wreck: Justin Bieber
- What will become obsolete: Facebook