It’s the dawn of a new era. After 15 years hogging the top spot on Forbes’ annual list, the reign of Gisele Bündchen is finally over. Don’t feel too bad for the 37-year-old Brazilian supermodel. She still earned $17.5 million the past 12 months, securing the runner-up spot on the 2017 list.
So who’s the new queen of the fashion world when it comes to coin? It’s none other than Kendall Jenner. The 22-year-old reality star turned supermodel raked in a whopping $22 million thanks to her deals with Estée Lauder, Adidas and La Perla. Not to mention her E! reality series, Kendall + Kylie clothing line and numerous paid Instagram posts. Kendall’s earnings on last year’s list was considerably lower at $10 million.
Even though there’s a new No. 1, for me, the most surprising thing on this year’s Top 10 list is the fact Chrissy Teigen ranked No. 3. She doesn’t get the high-profile gigs as her compatriots, but her Lip Sync Battle gig, cookbook and social media following helped inflate her income. With that being said, Mrs. John Legend does have endorsement deals too. Tresemme, cosmetics brand Becca and liquor brand Smirnoff are just some that are repped by Teigen.
Check out Forbes’ Top 10 list of the World’s Highest-Paid Female Models In 2017 below to see where the Hadid sisters land. Each model’s income is based on fragrance and cosmetic contracts and is sourced from interviews with agents, executives, and managers.
The World’s Highest-Paid Female Models In 2017
10. Ashley Graham: $5.5 million
9. Bella Hadid: $6 million
8. Liu Wen: $6.5 million
7. Karlie Kloss: $9 million
5. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: $9.5 million (tie)
5. Gigi Hadid: $9.5 million (tie)
4. Adriana Lima: $10.5 million
3. Chrissy Teigen: $13.5 million
2. Gisele Bündchen: $17.5 million
1. Kendall Jenner: $22 million
For more, head over to Forbes.com.
- Emma Stone Dethrones Jennifer Lawrence As Highest-Paid Actress
- Calvin Harris Tops Forbes Highest-Paid DJs List For Fifth Straight Year
- How Did Diddy Beat Beyonce, Drake & The Rest To Become The World’s Highest-Paid Celebrity On Forbes’ Annual List?