There used to be a time when Eddie Murphy and Adam Sandler could do no wrong at the box office. No matter what vehicle they starred in, it would undoubtedly become a bona fide blockbuster. But as they say, nothing lasts forever. The two veteran comedy actors find themselves on a list that no Hollywood actor wants to be on. To quote one of Murphy’s movies, I’m sure he wants to be Trading Places with anyone else right now.
Also landing on the list are one-time rom-com queens Katherine Heigl and Sandra Bullock. All it takes is one box office bomb to bring down their dollar return average. Each lady had exactly that with One For The Money and All About Steve respectively. You can also add Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close to Bullock’s less-than-stellar grosses. Find out below who ranks No. 1 on the list with a return of $2.30 for every dollar they were paid.
Forbes 2012 Most Overpaid Actors
- 1. Eddie Murphy – Returns $2.30 for every $1 paid.
- 2. Katherine Heigl – Returns $3.40 for every $1 paid
- 3. Reese Witherspoon – Returns $3.90 for every $1 paid
- 4. Sandra Bullock – Returns $5 for every $1 paid
- 5. Jack Black – Returns $5.20 for every $1 paid
- 6. Nicolas Cage – Returns $6 for every $1 paid
- 7. Adam Sandler – Returns $6.30 for every $1 paid
- 8. Denzel Washington – Returns $6.30 for every $1 paid
- 9. Ben Stiller – Returns $6.50 for every $1 paid
- 10. Sarah Jessica Parker – Returns $7 for every $1 paid
To read a rundown on why each star made the list, head over to www.forbes.com. Anyone on the list surprise you? For me it has to be Denzel Washington. I always thought his films did respectably. Who are you shocked that DIDN’T make the list? Sound off below.