This weekend was a pretty slow weekend at the box office, even though there were a handful of new films that opened this weekend. One of the films that opened this weekend was cop action/drama titled End of Watch, starring the sexy Jake Gyllenhaal. The film brought in an estimated $13 million this weekend. Coincidentally, that is the exact same amount that House At The End Of The Street is expected to be bringing in this weekend as well. The thriller starring Jennifer Lawrence just opened in theaters as well. Looks like this weekend was all about the “Ends”.
Coming in third place this weekend was Trouble With The Curve, starring Clint Eastwood, Justin Timberlake, and Amy Adams. Although there are lots of big names in it, it looks kind of boring to me in comparison to the competition. I could be wrong though. The film brought in $12.7 million this weekend, so it wasn’t too far behind the “Ends”.
Lastly, Dredd 3D also opened this weekend, but I think it was hurt by the fact that Resident Evil: Retribution opened in theatres last weekend and the same type of people watch that movie. Dredd only brought in $6.3 million this weekend.
Did you see any of these new films? Share your thoughts below on which one you personally recommend seeing. The top 10 films at the box office this weekend are listed below.
- 1. End of Watch: $13,000,000 (opening)
- 2. House at the End of the Street: $13,000,000 (opening)
- 3. Trouble with the Curve: $12,720,000 (opening)
- 4. Finding Nemo 3D: $9,446,000 ($29,979,975 total)
- 5. Resident Evil: Retribution: $6,700,000 ($33,467,727 total)
- 6. Dredd 3D: $6,300,000 (opening)
- 7. The Possession: $2,630,000 ($45,279,627 total)
- 8. Lawless: $2,321,000 ($34,511,919 total)
- 9. ParaNorman: $2,296,987 ($52,534,085 total)
- 10. The Bourne Legacy: $1,650,000 ($110,442,700 total)