Well, a popular video game has just hit the shelves in November, just in time for Christmas and it’s creating quite the controversy over a secret scene where a man and an elf get down. The “Mature” rated game is called “Dragon Age: Origins” and the scene will definitely have gay gamers engaging their joysticks. Come on, you knew I was going to throw a “joystick” reference in here somewhere didn’t you?
At first, I’m like, “Sex in a video game? Maybe that is inappropriate?” But, shows how out of touch I am with video games. Apparently, it isn’t as taboo as I might have thought. In fact, the game in question has other straight sex scenes in it as well, but it’s the gay ones that are in creating the controversy. That changes my viewpoint. (a) The game is rated mature, so only adults should be playing this game anyway. (b) You only get to the scenes if you actively decide to engage and take up the character on his offer. (c) Get over it. It’s a video game…if you want to pick on video games, don’t you think the extremely violent ones would be more of a concern?
Here’s how Chelsea Schilling of a World Net Daily summarized the scene:
The elf reveals he specializes in assassination, and the other character replies, “I bet you’re good at a lot of things.”
The elf responds, “Mmmm, that’s quite an offer, especially coming from another man – if we are both speaking of the same thing.”
If the player selects the response, “I suspect we are,” the elf agrees to have homosexual sex with the character.
The scene has been uploaded onto YouTube and it’s had almost 150,000 views already and over 375 comments. It’s certainly heating up in there. Some people showing their praise or laughter for the scene, while other ignorant users have used the forum to vent their anti-gay beliefs to the world.
Some of these various comments include:
– I’m straight? but that was hot, dude.
– We’re a bisexual nation living in denial, all because of a bunch of nerds – a bunch of nerds who got off a boat in the 15th century and decided that sex was something to be ashamed of. All the Pilgrims did was ruin the American Indian orgy of freedom.
– Anyone who’s 100% sure about their sexuality wouldn’t have a problem with this. All? the homophobic comments make me laugh. I bet the 8 years old ignorant guy who said he wish hitler was still alive loves playing Barbie locked in his room when nobodys watching. =p
– I can’t see why people? find this bad, it’s not forced in any way, there’s straight sex scenes in the game, you don’t have to go through any of these unless you actively pursue that certain person, so honestly wtf. :/
– What is the big deal… Nothing was really seen and that you can see on any straight day? time soap…