ABC doesn’t officially announce the cast for Dancing With The Stars Season 24 until March 1 on Good Morning America, but several names competing for the mirrorball trophy have already leaked. Their potential pairings have also surfaced online. Based on first impression, this season looks to be the most competitive yet. There are more than a handful of solid contenders.
Arguably, the perceived frontrunner has to be gymnast Simone Biles. The only thing going against her is the fact fellow Final Five team member, Laurie Hernandez, won last season. Will the public crown another gymnast so soon? Biles will reportedly dance with Sasha Farber. The 19-year-old five-time gold medalist will face competition from a fellow Olympian. Figure skater Nancy Kerrigan is set to compete with pro Maksim Chmerkovskiy. We all know what happened last time Maks got paired up with a figure skater- his first win.
The two athletes will face formidable competition from Fifth Harmony’s Normani Kordei and Glee actress Heather Morris. Before joining the FOX musical, the latter was a backup dancer for Beyonce. Is that really fair? Ringer much 😉 Rumor has it Kordei will dance with Val Chmerkovskiy, while Morris may be paired up with Artem Chigvintsev. Check out other rumored pairings below.
- Iconic entertainer Charo will dance with Keo Motsepe.
- Real Housewife of Beverly Hills Erika Jayne will dance with Gleb Savchenko. Jayne’s RHOBH co-star, Lisa Vanderpump, also danced with Gleb during her season.
- The Bachelor’s Nick Viall will dance with Peta Murgatroyd. Murgatroyd previously dance with another Bachelor, Sean Lowe.
- Professional bull rider Bonner Bolton will dance with Sharna Burgess. She does well with unknown cute entities like Noah Galloway and James Hinchcliffe.
- Mr. T will dance with Kym Johnson.
- SNL alum Chris Kattan with Witney Carson.
- NFL player Rashad Jennings either with Lindsay Arnold or Emma Slater. I’m thinking the former.
That’s only 11 names so far. Last season saw 13 celebrities competing. I wonder who producers have up their casting sleeves for the remaining slots.
Mr. T, Chris Kattan and Charo aren’t likely to last long and are prime contenders for first elimination. Who do you think, of the cast so far, has the best chance to win? I’m personally rooting for Erika Jayne, Normani Kordei and Nancy Kerrigan. I hope for the latter, they recreate the infamous pipe attack. Just kidding 😉 Weigh in below.