As you know, I’m a huge fan of The Hills / Laguna Beach thanks to Donovan. I’ve put together a list of my Top 10 Peripheral Characters on The Hills, now that the show is coming to an end after six drama-filled seasons. Therefore, this list excludes anyone that comes up at the start of the show in the credits: Lauren Conrad, Heidi Montag, Audrina Patridge, and Whitney Port. This list is comprised of my favorite characters because of how they stirred the pot, caused drama, and made good television, OR because I liked them because they were nice, hot, or something like that.
9. Doug Reinhardt – He was an old friend of Lauren Conrad’s and her senior prom date, and they went on a few dates during The Hills but the sparks weren’t there for Lauren. I totally had a crush on this guy – he was gorgeous. Then you go and find out that he has a private jet and he’s loaded – um, Lauren? Turns out he’s now dating Paris Hilton and they’re pretty much going to get married. We saw them both together at the red carpet event we were at at the Beverly Hilton while on our recent LA Trip.
7. Brent Bolthouse – He is Heidi’s boss at Bolthouse Productions. I like him because he doesn’t put up with a lot of bullshit, and when it comes to Heidi and Spencer – there’s a lot of that. He ended up firing Heidi, but then rehired her under the condition that if Spencer stepped foot on any of his events, he’d be thrown out. Fine with me! Although I dislike Spencer, he is great for drama on the show. Oh, and apparently Brent Boldhouse is dating someone from the top 10 of Maxim’s Hot 100, and it’s Vancouver-raised Eliza Dushku! We interviewed her when we were in LA about a month back.
5. Elodie Otto – The claws came out! I loved it. She was Heidi’s coworker that was basically the one that had to listen to Heidi complain about all her drama every day – exhausting! After giving Heidi so much advise on how bad of a guy Spencer was for her, Heidi never listened and just went back to the guy time and time again. Hmm, sounds like some people I know. Anyway, so after Heidi gets a promotion that she applied for, the position that Elodie had already told her SHE was going for, Elodie had had enough. She put in her notice and was leaving, but Heidi didn’t know this – so in order to be able to get out of an evening work even on her and Spencer’s anniversary, Elodie said she would work for her, but since she no longer worked for Bolthouse during the time of the event, she screwed Heidi over by not showing up. BAM!
3. Lo Bosworth – The quiet, bitchy type. Some people don’t like her because they feel that she doesn’t add anything, but I totally disagree. You just have to watch what she does with her eyes, and how subtle she is in planting her concerns and irritations with people in Lauren’s ear. And, Lauren’s pretty much at the center of it all, so Lo actually does have a lot of power in their circle of friends. She really instigated the fight between Lauren and Audrina with the three of them living together, and Audrina distancing herself. I think Lo was jealous that Audrina had been such a close friend to Lauren, while Lo had previously not been on the show as much up until that point. In the Homorazzi cast, Lo reminds me of Topher. OH, check out this spoof of Lauren and Lo. They actually do a pretty good imitation of them, although it gets a little repetitive after a while. Check it out. http://www.youtube.com/v/qy4XljLRH6Y
1. Jen Bunney – With her brain between her legs, Jen Bunny created SO much drama between her and Lauren when she decided to sleep with Brody behind Lauren’s back. She was one of Lauren’s best friends back in Laguna Beach, and hadn’t really been all that big of a character in The Hills up until this point – so it was a good move for her, even though Lauren was not so forgiving. After trying to call and apologize to Lauren who was not having it, Jen shows up at Lauren’s house wanting to talk. Here is a spoof below of the EXACT conversation (and mannerisms for that matter) that his guy did. He plays BOTH characters and it’s absolutely hilarious. In Homorazzi, Jen Bunny is Landon.
PS. I know I said this article was only about peripheral characters, but check out this HILARIOUS interpretation / mock of Audrina. I’m told I’m most like her out of all the characters, because she is very accommodating and doesn’t always make the best choices – NOT because i talk like her as shown in the video below.