Carrie Underwood certainly gave Anne Hathaway a run for her money last night. The country singer made more wardrobe changes than the actress did during her hosting duties at the 83rd Academy Awards. Whatever happened to the small town girl from Checotah, Oklahoma who sported jeans and t-shirts? During last night’s telecast of the 2011 CMA Awards, the Season 4 “American Idol” winner sported nine different looks. At one point, I lost count so hopefully I didn’t miss one.
While someone as gorgeous as Carrie Underwood looks stunning in any outfit, there were a couple of styling choices last night that were… um, how do I put this? HEINOUS. I love my Carrie, but what was her stylist thinking? I’m sure some of the 16 million viewers who tuned in to watch the show, agreed with me. Let’s take a quick look at last night’s fashion choices and see where Carrie hit the right notes and where she went off key.
1. Carrie looked like she was auditioning for a country version of Cabaret in this Nicki Rich black cropped tuxedo jacket and fedora ensemble.
2. I felt this green marbled-print satin Jean Fares Couture gown was a bit too big. I also would’ve removed that modesty strap in between her cleavage. It’s too distracting. She should’ve just used a lot of double-sided duct tape.
3. I’m speechless with this coral one-shouldered lace dress by George Chakra. The dress isn’t so bad, but that dramatic tulle train embellishment is atrocious.
4. Awwwww, don’t Miss Piggy and Carrie look cute together?
5. This black and white printed boho-chic gown is absolutely gorgeous. Carrie looks stunning.
6. Carrie looked like an unfinished origami puzzle in this white pleated dress. Too many extreme angles for my liking.
7. Doesn’t she look sexy in this black and copper sequined cocktail dress from Georges Chakra Couture. She’d make one damn fine flapper.
8. Looking like a Southern belle in this beautiful strapless floral gown with beaded accents by Zuhair Murad.
9. Underwood started the night off on the right foot in this gold sequin ombre cap sleeve gown by Reem Acra. She stole the show on the red carpet in this shimmery number.
- Lee DeWyze Continues To Be The Worst “American Idol” Winner Ever
- American Idol: 15 Best Tracks From Former Idol Contestants
- 2011 Emmys: Fashion Roundup (10 Who Need New Stylists)