Congratulations are in order this morning for Beyoncé & Jay-Z. Yesterday, Beyoncé gave birth a beautiful and healthy baby girl named Blue Ivy Carter. Friday night, Bey checked into the Lenox Hill hospital in New York’s upper east side under the incognito name of Ingrid Jackson. Bey’s birth was completed through a C-section. The NY Daily News reports the following.
- On Saturday night, people were seen bringing bags of takeout and a dozen bottles of red wine onto the heavily guarded hospital wing.
- After 11 p.m., even doctors and nurses were barred from entering the fourth floor, prompting one doc to complain that he had patients to see.
- In an effort to keep images from leaking to the public, hospital workers placed tape over security cameras and are forcing employees to turn in cell phones when they arrive for their shifts, a source said.
- Several security guards were spotted patrolling the perimeter of the hospital Saturday night.
Celebrities ranging from Rihanna to Gwyneth Paltrow tweeted their congratulations to the new parents. I cannot wait to see the first photos of this new baby. Which parent do you think Ivy looks more like – her mother or her father?
- Beyonce Reveals Her 10 Favorite Songs of 2011
- “Oh Baby!” Beyoncé Fires Back At Fake Baby Bump Rumors
- Beyonce “Dances For You” In New Film Noir Music Video