This weekend, it was Battle: Los Angeles that won the Box Office war, pushing Rango (last week’s winner) into the number two spot. With an estimated production budget $70 million, lucky for them they’re already halfway there in terms of recouping their costs. The action thriller stars Aaron Eckhart and Michelle Rodriguez fighting in a global offensive initiated by unknown extraterrestrial hostiles – the first good alien invasion movie in some time! The effects are amazing.
As for the other films, as mentioned, Rango came in second with just over $23 million, bringing its two weekend total to $68.6 million. Red Hiding Hood came in third this weekend with a mediocre $14.1 million, while Mars Needs Moms needed a lot more than Moms, bringing in a measly $6.8 million in its opening weekend. Check out the full top ten list below.
- Fri, Mar. 11 – Sun, Mar. 13
- 1. Battle: Los Angeles: $36,000,000 (opening)
- 2. Rango: $23,050,000 ($68,653,254 total)
- 3. Red Riding Hood: $14,135,000 (opening)
- 4. The Adjustment Bureau: $11,459,175 ($38,451,435 total)
- 5. Mars Needs Moms: $6,800,000 (opening)
- 6. Beastly: $5,105,000 ($17,090,401 total)
- 7. Hall Pass: $5,090,000 ($34,936,269 total)
- 8. Just Go With It: $4,000,000 ($93,981,581 total)
- 9. The King’s Speech: $3,625,163 ($129,062,286 total)
- 10. Gnomeo and Juliet: $3,546,000 ($89,031,110 total)
Did you go to any movies this weekend or see any of the aforementioned flicks?