Adele released her sophomore album, 21, in the United States on February 22, 2011. It debuted at No. 1 with 352,000 copies during its first week. Since then, it’s made a permanent home in the Top 10 of the Billboard Top 200. This week it lands at No. 8 on the album chart. Check it out below.
This Week’s Top 10 Of Billboard’s Top 200 Chart
- 1. 2 Chainz, Based On A T.R.U Story *new*
- 2. Various, NOW That’s What I Call Music 43
- 3. Rick Ross, God Forgives, I Don’t
- 4. Insane Clown Posse, Mighty Death Pop *new*
- 5. Maroon 5, Overexposed
- 6. Justin Bieber, Believe
- 7. One Direction, Up All Night
- 8. Adele, 21
- 9. Zac Brown Band, Uncaged
- 10. Yellowcard, Southern Air *new*
As it stands right now, the LP has racked up 78 weeks in the Top 10, putting it in a tie with Michael Jackson’s Thriller and Def Leppard’s Hysteria as the albums spending the most weeks in the Top 10. The trio are tied at No. 3 with the longest runs in the top tier of the Billboard Top 200. Who would’ve ever thought Adele would be in the same sentence as Def Leppard and Jackson. Talk about random threesome. The album is selling well and will most likely break out of the three-way tie next week.
As mentioned earlier, Adele’s 21 is currently earning a bronze on the all-time list. Only Bruce Springsteen and the soundtrack to The Sound of Music stand in her way. The Boss’ Born In The USA is within spitting distance at 84 weeks. The Julie Andrews-sung album is a bit further away with 109 weeks under its belt. Adele matching or beating Springsteen’s run seems quite doable. Staying in the Top 10 for another 30 weeks seems a bit of a challenge to catch The Sound of Music. But like they say… it ain’t over til the fat lady sings. With Adele slimming down, that might not be anytime soon 😉
Do Adele’s achievements even surprise you anymore? The woman has single-handedly saved the music industry. She definitely has a lot to live up to with her third album. Anything less than five million albums in the US will be considered a failure. Talk about pressure.
- Frank Ocean’s Impressive Debut & Adele Breaks Another Record
- Adele & Gotye Top Mid-Year Soundscan Charts
- Adele Sees Nice Grammy Boost Record Sales And Goes For Michael Jackson