After hearing the short snippet Adam Lambert shared last week, I fully expected “Ghost Town” to be one full out EDM concoction. While there are certainly some killer beats, the track surprisingly features moody acoustic verses before kicking things into high gear during the chorus. Like Hilary Duff’s “Sparks,” the Max Martin and Shellback-produced single includes some hypnotic whistles.
“It was executive produced by Max Martin and Shellback and they helped me keep a very cohesive sound and mood throughout. Sonically it feels more contemporary than my previous material. It’s definitely pop but not bubblegum. We have avoided camp and theatrics and have favoured a darker, more grounded vibe, and at the same time, it will make you dance” – Adam Lambert via Hunger magazine
In addition to debuting the lyric video for the lead cut off his third studio album, the 33-year-old entertainer revealed the official tracklist for The Original High. The most notable detail that pops up is a track titled “Rumors” which features Tove Lo. I can’t wait to hear this collaboration.
Check out the “Ghost Town” lyric clip below along with the tracklist. I’m already obsessed with the cut. It’s a haunting pop dance masterpiece.
Adam Lambert ‘Ghost Town’ Lyric Video
Adam Lambert The Original High Tracklist
- Ghost Town | Ali Payami, Tobias Karlsson, Max Martin, Sterling Fox
- The Original High
- Another Lonely Night | Adam Lambert, Ali Payami, Sterling Fox, Max Martin
- Underground | Joe Janiak, Ali Payami
- There I Said It | Joe Janiak, Ali Payami
- Rumors (feat. Tove Lo)
- Evil In the Night
- Lucy (feat. Brian May) | Adam Lambert, Ali Payami, Freja Blomberg, Fredrick Samsson
- Things I Didn’t Say | Adam Lambert, Ilya Salmanzadeh, Oscar Holter, Savan Kotecha, Mitch Allan
- The Light
- Heavy Fire